120 years of experience and tradition
6. Nov. 1898
The businessman Eugen Zinser, son of the owner of the brewery and tavern >Adler< in Ebersbach Christian Ludwig Zinser, founded the company >Acetylenwerk Ebersbach<. At that time acetylene was used for lighting. However the >Acetylenwerk Ebersbach< did not produce the gas, but the equipment for its production.
In Ebersbach high quality tools for oxy-fuel welding and cutting are fabricated.
In the middle of World War I, Zinser is the first German factory to engineer high-pressure acetylene developers. These will be permanently enhanced in the next years. The “Zeuss-Jupiter”-equipment achieves a very good reputation worldwide.
Oxygen manifolds are included in the manufacturing programme.
After the death of Eugen Zinser, the >Acetylenwerk Ebersbach< was commuted into a limited partnership and renamed as >Autogenwerk Zinser<. Eugen Zinser’s oldest daughter Hildegard Löffelhardt-Zinser took over the company’s management. She headed the company during the difficult war years and after the war.
The second husband of Hildegard Löffelhardt-Zinser, welding specialist engineer Kurt Schwebke, joins her in 1949. In the oxy-fuel section the flame cutting comes across new fields of application, therefore the development of oxy-fuel cutting machines is reinforced.
1948 – 1950
1948 the first welding transformators are constructed in the “Autogenwerk”.
This is where the independent firm for the construction of electronic welding machines “Elektroschweissgeräte ZINSER GmbH” comes from in 1950.
In 1954 Zinser launches the manual oxy-fuel cutting machine “Favorit”. From that time on these robust machines are used in factories and on construction sites on a daily basis.
In 1955 the extremely popular oxy-fuel cutting machine “Schablonette” is brought to market.
ZINSER develops the first hot air plastic welding device. A third product line besides the oxy-fuel and plasma technology quickly emerges from there.
From 1956 on rectifiers and transformers for WIG, MIG/MAG, submerged welding, plasma welding and plasma cutting are produced.
Kurt Schwebke dies unexpectedly. Hildegard Schwebke temporarily becomes the head of both firms again.
The first oxy-fuel cutting machines with magnetic rolls and optical follower controls come.
Hildegard Schwebke’s son, the economist Hans Dietrich Zinser joins the management board of both companies.
In 1972 Zinser brings out a whole range of inert gas units. Plasma cutting and welding units follow as well.
The most important customer for the electronic welding devices was “Linde Schweisstechnik” in Munich. In 1973 this branch of the firm merges to the Zinser STK holding.
From then on Zinser concentrated above all on the development and production of automatic oxy-fuel
and plasma cutting systems.
1980 is the year of birth of the CNC900 – ZINSER’s first CNC controller. Further development leaded in the following 10 years via CNC910 to CNC920, which until today is used by many customers.
Simultaneously with the CNC controller systems the development of the machines was proceeding. In the 80s and at the beginning of the 90s various cantilever machines were also to be found in the product range along with the portal machines. The cantilever machines were used above all with optical controllers. As the programming systems are gaining in popularity for the producing of NC programmes the optical control is losing more and more of its importance, but it is still used when needed.
Today mainly CNC controlled gantry machines are produced. These meet the technical requirements of the steel processing industry better than ever.
Development of the CNC2010 that is based on an industrial computer, whose enhanced version CNC2030 comes out at the end of 2003.
The ownership changes as no member of the Zinser family is ready to head the firm.
ZINSER moves to the premises in the Stuttgarter Strasse in Ebersbach.
The majority shareholder Ulrich Bock becomes the head of Zinser Schweisstechnik GmbH.
In the same year, his daughter, the economist Caroline Niklaus also joins the management of the company.
At the beginning of 2003 her husband Andreas Niklaus also becomes a member of the executive board.
The CNC300 becomes part of the product range as a budget-priced alternative.
The positive trend in the overall development of Zinser Schweisstechnik GmbH lead to the fact that the production site in Ebersbach soon becomes too small.
In the nearby place Albershausen Zinser found an appropriate location. In 2006 the company moves there. The production capacity increases significantly in Albershausen. A site of 8000 m² with a two-storied production hall and an attached office building offers now enough space for the modern production of ZINSER.
In a separate building nearby a training and exhibition centre for the sophisticated cutting machines will be realised until the end of 2007. Furthermore there are opportunities of growth for the next generation.
2007 the first CNC 2050 is delivered.
2011 follows the CNC 4010 and afterwards the CNC 5010.
Due to the very positive order situation in 2012 ZINSER needs to further expand the production capacities. In addition the new business area laser cutting requires special safety standards which can be optimally met in the new hall. The new building of about 500 m² closes the gap between two existing halls.
1. Aug. 2012
Change of the company name to ZINSER GmbH. At the same time the ZINSER introduces the new company logo.
ZINSER has been able to continuously strengthen and extend its market position in the fields of oxy-fuel and plasma cutting. New developments and numerous improvements are worldwide very well accepted.
The wide product range and a high number of options as well as the possibility to further upgrade machines at any time convince a constantly increasing number of customers that ZINSER is the right partner when it comes to flame cutting machines.
Andreas Niklaus becomes the second General Manager of ZINSER GmbH besides Ulrich Bock.
ZINSER celebrates its 120th anniversary.